Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Spring Break Blues


I was surprised by the poor quality of the drawings I was making during my first class period back after spring break. I didn't think much about making work, let alone drawing while I was away. Charcoal felt awkward and foreign to my hands yesterday. I have been drawing so much in the last couple of years that I had no idea how rusty I could become from a week off. If a week off sets me back this much, I think I could become artistically disabled from a longer hiatus. It scared me! Looks like I need to dedicate a bit more time and frequency to my sketchbook. My sketchbooks have always served as more of an outlet for writing than drawing. Either way, my hands and mind are working together and that serves as good practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment